Sunday, August 1, 2010

First Impressions

So here I am.  I'm a freshly minted graduate wondering what exactly the "real world" is and when I'm going to be a part of it. I live in the city, I have a job, and I'm dating.  Sort of.  Have I reached adult status yet?  While I grapple with these definitions (and with myself), here is what I know:

I like to bake from boxed mixes so I can spend more time on the good stuff (decorating with heaps of food-colored frosting).

Some of my favorite moments consist of watching someone else getting it.  You know, those moments when you watch someone become completely engrossed in something they're passionate about -- it's inspiring and it's fitting.  I love those.

I laugh the loudest with close friends and when I do, it's an awkward guffaw, which provokes disapproving looks from strangers.

I'm a pseudo-foodie.  Basically, I like to mosey around interesting atmospheres and eat a lot of food.

My passions are not limited to live music, heart-splitting lyrics, writing, puns, and asking questions.

I'm a homebody at heart although my recent track record (running off to backpack in Europe and staying out late on weekdays) says differently.

There it is and here I am.  In contrast to my other blogs I hope this one will be less about certain aspects and more a collective commentary on my life.  I'm not that interesting, I admit, but it'll be good to sort it all out on paper....er, on....screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment